Maintaining your septic system is important to ensure longevity and a problem
Maintenance of your system can include:
- Pumping your septic tank
on a regular basis every 3 to 5 years.
- Cleaning your effluent filter.
- Regularly check for leaking toilets
- Purge & Recallibrate (Pressure
Distribution and Mound Systems)
- Avoid parking vehicles or heavy equipment near system.
- Keep the grass cut.
- Avoid gopher infiltration.
- Redirect drainage from downspouts and low spots away from leachfield area.
- Avoid excess use of bleach, disinfectants, and antibacterial soaps.
EPA - A HOMEOWNER'S GUIDE TO SEPTIC SYSTEMS